This slow cooker beef chili has just the right kick. If you’re looking for a great go-to slow cooker chili recipe, look no further. This is how we roll in the Bronx when the Giants are in the playoffs. Serve this chili as a hot dog topping or add to some elbow macaroni for that stick to your ribs, keep you warm at Lambeau feeling.
- 3 pounds ground round
- 3 cups chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 9 Jalapeno peppers sliced in thin circles
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can Green Giant Mexicorn, drained
- 3 cans (about 15 ounces) red kidney beans, undrained
- 3 cans (about 14.5 ounces) Mexican-style stewed tomatos with peppers, undrained
- 4 1/2 ounces shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cook the ground round in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat until brown, stirring to crumble. Add chopped onion, sliced Jalapenos, bell pepper, water, chili powder, sugar, cumin, salt, and garlic and cook for 7 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Place meat mixture in a slow cooker, and stir in beans and tomatoes. Cover with lid, and cook on low-heat setting for 4 hours. Spoon into bowls; sprinke with cheese.